What is Meditation?
Meditation can be defined as a practice where an individual uses a technique, such as focusing their mind on a particular object, the breath, a thought or activity, to achieve a mentally clear and emotionally calm state.
What is the Aim of Meditation?
The aim of meditation is a state of deep peace that occurs when the mind is calm and silent, yet completely alert.
Benefits of Mediation
The physical benefits of Meditation
- Reduces Stress and anxiety and can help to improve the symptoms of stress related conditions like IBS, Fibromyalgia
- Helps to reduce physical pain and improve the immune system
- Lowers blood pressure
- Promotes better sleep
- Has also been shown to diminish age-related effects on gray matter and reduce the decline of our cognitive functioning.
Other Benefits of meditation
- Increases concentration
- Enhances creativity
- Encourages deep relaxation and feelings of peace
- Can lead to a more positive outlook and improved self image
- Identifies and balances emotions
About the Meditation Classes / What to expect
The beginners Meditation classes run for four consecutive classes approximately 2 hours each. The first part of the class will focus on teaching you meditation techniques so that you can develop your own regular meditation practice at home. The second part of the class will be a guided meditation which is a visualy guided journey to aid you with relaxation. We will be a small friendly group. Feel free to bring warm socks and blankets to help you comfortable while we practise.
Class Details : coming soon.
Please call me on 07905006678 to book your place.